Corporate Caring Volunteer Week – Nonprofit Partners
Corporate Caring Volunteer Week is an annual week of service where committed, high-quality corporate volunteers from many Bay Area businesses are matched with local non-profits to complete short-term projects. Nonprofit organizations submit projects ideas that are often on the organization’s “wish list” and range from preparing client care packages and food baskets refreshing landscaping, painting, or helping move furniture to create more client-centered spaces.
This year, Corporate Caring Volunteer Week is September 18-23, 2017.
Timeline for 2017
- April 2017 – Chevron Specific Training: If your organization will offer project registration to teams from Chevron, this 15 minute video and quiz must be completed prior to submitting projects.
- April 2017 – Project Software Webinar (Optional): On April 13th, 2017, the Contra Costa Crisis Center and Galaxy Digital hosted a webinar for all our partners to learn how to create their user account and submit projects on the new event management software the Contra Costa Crisis Center will use to manage Corporate Caring Volunteer Week. This live and interactive session was recorded and provides helpful orientation. View the recorded training here (optional).
- May 24 – June 15, 2017 – Nonprofits/Agencies submit projects online. View toolkit at bottom of page for helpful planning tools.
- July 26, 2017 – Projects are opened for businesses to register.
- Early August – Participating organizations receive an interim report detailing filled projects. Organizations contact volunteer group project leader(s).
- August 29, 2017 – Project registration closes for businesses.
- Early September – Final report on filled projects provided to participating organizations. Organizations re-confirm final details with volunteer group project leader(s).
- September 18-23 Corporate Caring Volunteer Week 2017!
2017 Planning Tools
- CCVW Volunteer Project Guidelines 2017 – Project guidelines
- Volunteer Coordinator Planning Checklist 2017 – Timeline and tips for project planning, submission, preparation, project day(s) and post-projects
- Project Ideas 2017 – Project ideas for indoor, outdoor, large and small projects
- Project Registration Checklist 2017 – Information needed for project submission
- Project Management Plan – Template for project planning
- CVW & CCVW Safety Info – Project safety information
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
CorporateCaringVolunteerWeek@crisis-center.org / 925-472-5768
Thank you to Chevron, presenting sponsor of Corporate Caring Volunteer Week.