November is Homelessness Awareness Month
On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 7pm-8pm, the Contra Costa Crisis Center will host a Zoom community meeting on “How to Help People who are Homeless or in a Housing Crisis.” This meeting will include an interactive presentation and community discussion with Q&A. The Crisis Center, where we answer the 211 Information & Referral Line for Contra Costa County, is one of the points of entry for the Coordinated Entry System for homeless services in our county. In this meeting participants will learn about the ways in which the Crisis Center helps callers who want to help others.
We will cover several main areas:
- The role of the Contra Costa Crisis Center in the Coordinated Entry System.
- Resources to help those who are homeless.
- Resources to help those at risk of becoming homeless.
- The services of the CORE Outreach Teams.
- The services of the CARE drop-in centers.
- Ways to help those who are homeless.
- Success Stories about those who have called us for help.
Zoom meeting information will be sent to you in an email once you have completed this registration form.